1. I registered for my first semester of classes. But I don’t think they consider me a student until I pay them.
2. How can you not love someone who says “Don’t give up naps until you have to; and when you start working, that’s what lunch time is for” and (on having a schedule for your kids and saying it with perfect inflection) “Hell, you need it for survival”? (And if I misquote, I’m sure she’ll tell me.)
3. Advisor: Do you work full-time?
Me: No. I’m a stay-at-home mom.
Advisor: You work full-time. You just don’t get paid.
4. Sean is swimming like a fish.
5. It turns out Aidan gets scared of a storm brewing at night. Then he wants to climb into bed with his brothers.
6. The moon is hidden in the day because . . .
a. Earth is bright. b. it is shy. c. it is too cold. the sun is bright.
That is from Evan’s workbook. I wonder how hard it is to get a job writing or editing reading-comprehension books
7. My dad came home from work and pretended that Evan pulled him into the pool when Evan shook my dad’s hand.
8. School starts the next week. This was the last week of workbooks. Evan finally figured out to buckle down and get it over. I dread homework.
9. I miss my jasmine and gardenia bushes at the Orange house.
10. What I really wanted this week was a good burger, sushi, and a giant cookie. I got a fast food burger, shrimp, and ice cream. Not bad, but sometimes life can be so sad.