1. Guess what! I have a real reason not reading blogs or answering comments or doing emails. I take my English subject test, which will qualify me to teach English.
2. So we skipped mass Sunday because the thought of studying 2 hours as the kids watched cartoons was just too great to turn down.
3. I took the boys to the last Science Sunday at the children’s museum. We had an awesome time. As usual.
4. I had jury duty Tuesday. I looked forward to hours of uninterrupted study time. Instead I got hours of listening to people say why they shouldn’t be on a jury. I shouldn’t because I value cops’ testimony over others. Must have something to do with being raised by a cop.
5. Aidan is in that stage where toddlers call all children babies. It’s adorable. (Poor kid is watching too much TV as I study in the mornings.)
6. Evan had to give a speech on Germany this week. He chose to do it on food, so I sent him to school with a big bag of gummy bears. (I’ve been using what I learn on giving speeches to help me. He’s not at the age to roll his eyes at me yet.)
7. Sean’s homework was to sing a song to his family and teach us the words. He chose “The Imperial March.” And yes, he tried to teach us the “dum-da-dum-da-dum . . . .” (I don’t know why, but Sean is the one I tend to tell definitions too. Like explaining free verse compared to blank verse.)
8. So a couple of weeks ago, I took the AZ practice exam for this test, which I passed. Barely. I had to study giving and listening to speeches and teaching English. Then I took the WA test (because CA, OR, and NH do not have online tests), and I passed. Barely. I failed almost every question on linguistics. I hate linguistics.
9. How stupid is “Compare English Literature to American Literature?” I’ll tell you. Beyond stupid. Literature is divided by movement and/or genre.
9.5. I found and printed out an awesome timeline for literature movements. I can’t wait to find or build history timelines.
10. I bought magnetic nail polish to use tonight as I study. To keep me calm. It may be too late for that. Yes, much too late.