A Special Mother’s Day 10 things. Ten random things about my mom. Hopefully I remember to snag a picture today at my parents’ to post.
- My mom was born a pale skin, towhead to an olive-skin, brown-eyed, black-hair family.
- Her hair turned brown in her early twenties.
- Never, ever call my mom a brunette. She’s a blonde. Just ask her.
- My mom has had to wear glasses since the third grade.
- She hates horn-rimmed glass (though I find them cute).
- She’s an air force brat and enjoys dried beef on toast (aka Shit On a Shingle. Yuck).
- She hates her birth name.
- She swears that if anything ever happened to my dad she’ll never remarry because that first year was such hell.
- She coached volleyball and softball and was a Girl Scout, Cub Scout, and Boy Scout leader.
- My mom made both my wedding cake and wedding dress despite the fact she originally disagreed with my pattern choice.
Happy Mother’s Day to my mom and to all my favorite moms out there!