1. When am I going to learn that I’m not superwoman and I can’t control time to slow down?
2. Sugar cookies take a lot longer when they’re really, really sticky.
3. Really, really sticky dough makes me roll thick cookies and hand out dough so I won’t have to cut so many damn cookies.
4. Tornado A felt neglected because I didn’t hold him 85% of the day.
5. It was too warm for Tornado A to wear one of his hand-me-down costumes. Until we were trick-or-treating, and then it was freakin’ cold. Stupid desert.
6. Why do my sons change their minds of what they want to be just as I’m trying to dress them in their costumes?
7. If I knew Tornado S was going to go from a skeleton/vampire/pumpkin to just a vampire, I wouldn’t have freaked out Saturday when I found the skeleton costume was WAY TOO BIG and not braved Wal-mart and saved twenty bucks on sweats, lining paper, and other odds and ends.
8. He did look like an adorable vampire with out fangs because he said he already had them.
9. Kid Halloween parties are a blast Mainly because I don’t have to clean up.
10. Trick-or-treating with friends is a blast because I have someone to talk to.
11. Tornado S loved just walking around admiring the lights.
12. Tornado E had to compliment every house for something. “I like your pumpkins.” “I like your skeleton; he’s creepy.” “I like the smell of your candle.” “I like your roof because it’s high.”
13. Glow bracelets are awesome.
14. I get a kick out of explaining Halloween traditions to people.
15. I’ve got to stop half-assing my favorite holiday. Next year we’ll do more crafts, and I’ll actually post them. I’ll make a kick-ass dinner. (Though I made ghost pancakes for breakfast and octopus hot dogs for lunch) I will get around to carving the pumpkin. And I’ll make kick-ass costumes for all. I will. I promise you.