1. Searching for nice clothes for a three-year-old is like looking for sunken treasure. You know it’s out there, but it takes a bloody long time to find it with lots of hit and misses.
2. I need a better green nail polish. One that does not need four coats to hide the white of my nails.
3. Why are kid shoes so damn expensive?
4. I think I finally have a clean house. Frightening. Except for the office, but I don’t count that.
5. Someone asked if I was ready for Christmas and done with my baking. I laughed until I cried.
6. When all was said and done, I paid three times the original price of a toy that is no longer being made, but it will be worth the price when I see Tornado S’s face on Christmas.
7. Fisher-Price, WTF? Pirates made for 3 to 5 year olds should not being loosing their arms within a year of purchase.
8. Tornado E looked at the light blue shirt and khaki pants I bought him for Christmas and declared them, “too boring.” I should have known; last week he went to school with pirate pajama pants, red-and-white striped polo shirt, and a scarf with the Broncos and 49ers icons knitted on it as a souvenir from the London game.
9. Tornado A has gotten a sixth tooth AND started crawling. It’s been a record week.
10. Every morning I get up and tell myself, “It’s going to be a good day, and I choose to be happy” (among other things). I’m stubborn enough to make sure it happens.