1. Is it so crazy to expect children to do things the first time you say something?
2. I found Tornado A on top of the island. He crawled out of his high chair and was eating butter. This is the first child I have to strap into the high chair.
3. Did you know they serve these tiny little cartons of ice cream? I haven’t had one yet, but I have two waiting for me in emergency.
4. The older boys now know there is a game called “Angry Birds.” Let’s take a moment to thank their father.
5. Tornado E has decided on what he wants to buy with his birthday money. Sally Hansen Salon Effects, Blue Ice. http://www.sallyhansen.com/products/nails/nail-color/salon-effects-real-nail-polish-strips I’m completely torn on how I feel about this.
6. Tornado S has decided that basketball sucks. That dribbling sucks. That running sucks. That basketball is an overrated sport and can’t wait until he learns a new sport this week in his class.
7. Another mom’s night out. In my giddiness to be with other adults, who aren’t related to me, without kids, I mentioned the blog. And then told them where it was. Actually spelled it out.
8. I may be self-conscious for a week. And then I’ll do what I did a week after telling the family who would actually read this and what I did a week after I told some old friends about it and what I did a week after I got outed, I’ll say f- them if they can’t take a joke. Or I’ll adopt that attitude today.
9. Ants. WTF.
10. God bless DVD time, without which I would never be able to write or read or eat or clean or nap (after battling ants until 1:30am) or hide in a little corner wishing it was bedtime, oh God, why isn’t it bed time.