1. I handed Tornado A a piece of bread yesterday, and I swear he said, “Thank you, Mama.”
2. Tornado E: “Mommy, have you ever been to Skate Country (local roller skate rink)?” Me: “When I was a little girl.” Tornado E: “Wow! It must be old!” Thanks, Tornado E. Thanks.
3. As Social Distortion cover of “Ring of Fire” played on the radio, Tornado S said, “Hey! We have this song! On the iPod! But it’s sung by the other guy!” Me: Johnny Cash is the original singer. That’s who we have. Tornado S: “Oh, I like him better.”
4. The in-laws are coming next week. Lord, help me.
5. I got a new phone last Friday. Then I entered a brief love affair with it. The affair has gone cold as the battery dies.
6. Tornado E gave a grammar lecture to his dad, who was wrong, and Tornado E was right. Because I had explained the rule two days before to Tornado E.
7. The back door handle on the new SUV is broke. Guess what my dad and I are doing tomorrow?
8. And my dad took a look at my stroller and fixed it. YEA!
9. Once among my friends, I was known as the faery girl. Among my newer set of friends, I am known as the vampire and zombie girl. Huh.
10. I have decided to decorate the printer. It’s plainness has finally gotten to me.