1. There is a reason I send my children to school and not home school them.
2. I hate generic diapers. Maybe I’m doing something wrong. But for me, they are not as absorbent as name-brand. That doesn’t even make sense.
3. I have to learn to a) stay downstairs with Tornado A at all times or b) keep everything off the island, like sugar, hot chocolate mix, or oatmeal.
4. We made scallion pancakes. They were amazing. And the boys helped!
5. Tornado S’s teachers told us he’s one of the brightest kids in the class with the most knowledge. He’s also funny and cracks them up daily.
6. Tornado E is sick enough to stay home but healthy enough to cause trouble. Lots of trouble.
7. There are Star Wars sandwich cutters. Why am I only finding this out now?
8. Wednesday night I couldn’t take it any more. I left the kids with their father and escaped. While I chomped down on ok store sushi, I dreamed of soy paper spicy tuna handrolls. Next time, I’m escaping with more money and time.
9. Dude, I rock the Cub Scout handbook.
10. This is how I have felt about the house and family this week:
(From The Simpsons episode “Bart of Darkness)
Meanwhile, Marge and the girls are hard at work scrubbing oil-covered
Lisa: Oh, there’s something unsatisfying about scrubbing these rocks
and I think I know what it is.
[a wave washes a new coat of oil on the once-clean rocks]
Marge: Lisa, I know it’s frustrating, but we made a commitment, and we
have to see it through, no matter how unpleasant.