1. Ever hang your hopes on the weekend? The weekend is when I’ll get things done! The weekend!
2. I wanted to look like a responsible adult. I don’t think blue or purple nails are very responsible. I choose “Cotton-Candy Pink.” It’s weird not to have some shade of blue or purple nail polish on my nails.
3. We own a brain ice-cube tray.
4. Tornado E was teaching Tornado A to sing AWOLNATION’s “Not Your Fault.” I think that’s pretty awesome.
5. Tornado S loves dancing to Weezer’s “Perfect Situation.” “This is rock ‘n’ roll!!!” Yes, it’s on video.
6. Tornado E is now digging on Wheatus’s “Teenage Dirtbag.”
7. So the other night I had to watch a music video, which led to another, which led to another. Is it any wonder I was up to midnight doing chores?
8. I think Bowling for Soup’s “1985” video is the funniest video I’ve seen. Probably ever.
9. And the song was funny, until I realized that might be one day. I’ve got to get this responsible nail polish off.
10. Desperate for a haircut, I tried the girl I take the boys to see at the cheap place. Not only did she do a good job, she was so psyched by my plan to deal with grey hair that she wants to be my colorist. So when I go gray, I’m going to her to dye my hair blue. Bright blue, not old lady bad-hair job blue.
11. All week Tornado A has acted like he hasn’t seen me in days when ever I return, even if I’ve only been out of the room 15 minutes.