1. I registered for my first semester of classes. But I don’t think they consider me a student until I pay them.
2. How can you not love someone who says “Don’t give up naps until you have to; and when you start working, that’s what lunch time is for” and (on having a schedule for your kids and saying it with perfect inflection) “Hell, you need it for survival”? (And if I misquote, I’m sure she’ll tell me.)
3. Advisor: Do you work full-time?
Me: No. I’m a stay-at-home mom.
Advisor: You work full-time. You just don’t get paid.
4. Tornado S is swimming like a fish.
5. It turns out Tornado A gets scared of a storm brewing at night. Then he wants to climb into bed with his brothers.
6. The moon is hidden in the day because . . .
a. Earth is bright. b. it is shy. c. it is too cold. d. the sun is bright.
That is from Tornado E’s workbook. I wonder how hard it is to get a job writing or editing reading-comprehension books
7. My dad came home from work and pretended that Tornado E pulled him into the pool when Tornado E shook my dad’s hand.
8. School starts the next week. This was the last week of workbooks. Tornado E finally figured out to buckle down and get it over. I dread homework.
9. I miss my jasmine and gardenia bushes at the Orange house.
10. What I really wanted this week was a good burger, sushi, and a giant cookie. I got a fast food burger, shrimp, and ice cream. Not bad, but sometimes life can be so sad.