1. Last Saturday my dad came over and helped me get my backyard in shape. It looks awesome. Now I’ve got to get a plastic pool. Now if only my house matched my backyard.
2. My house should be declared a natural disaster. With the end of school and all the running around and the three tornadoes.
3. Mom, I know technically it’s true, but please refrain from calling the ex my husband. Unless it comes after ex- or late-.
4. As for the ex, you’re only requirement for Mother’s Day is to buy a gift for the boys to give me because you’re teaching them to honor the day for their mother and future mothers of their children. Barring that, the least you could’ve done was stay away so I could’ve called a friend and bitched about you.
5. Tornado A has had a few insomnia attacks this week. I owe my sanity to that playlist. Though it reminds me of Semisonic’s “Singing in my Sleep.”
6. I’m scrambling to do all I can to help Tornado S with his fine motor skills. Next stop the dollar store for supplies. But first, he did twenty minutes of mazes, nearly finished the book. The book that was going to last all summer. Supposedly. Oh well.
7. Tornado E was so excited by watermelon season. He kissed the watermelon.
8. We played Speed Golf this weekend. It’s like golf but in miniature! And fast. Hit twice and put it in the hole. Unless you have Tornado A’s help like I did. I played the best golf game of my life. When I take up golf, I am making Tornado A my caddy.
9. I ordered a few things online. I got them already. YEA! Except one of the shirts is all wrong. And two of the prints were mis-ordered. BOO!
10. Class is over! For the summer! I should have time to write! And read other blogs! (I miss them.) Except it’s summer for the boys, which is great, except for all the forcing them to do workbooks and read and clean up. And I have my teaching test in just over a month. And mediation in a few weeks. And my history teaching test in the beginning of September. I’m no longer excited.
I can tell how much happier I am when I do them all. And how there’s an empty hole when I don’t do most of them. I hope the summer will give me more time to do it all.
(Excuse me, while I go keep my children from killing each other.)