1. I thought that when summer started, I would have more time. I was wrong. Very, very wrong.
2. Swim lessons started this week, and last week Tornado S put his head down and swam. So this week he is in a class below his abilities.
3. Tornado A is crawling along the wall in the pool. Everywhere. I must teach him to swim soon.
4. The boys have been playing house all week. When asked who was the mommy, the boys all pointed to me.
5. Tornado E has declared his workbooks too easy, reading is fun, chores are ok, and swimming and karate are fun. I’m glad we all got that settled.
6. I need to learn how to pronounce Latin. Then I can say the new family motto in Latin. Ædificabat insolitam superesse.
7. I really need to find time to vacuum. Also time to do art. Also time to read blogs. Also time to relax. These days are much too short.
8. I found the results to a personality test I took in college. I am Extraverted, Intuitive, Thinking/Feeling, Perceiving. My score was split even between making decisions on logical thinking and on values with “person-centered concerns.” I’m just really confused about the extraverted part. I’m sure I’ve always hated people.
9. Everyone breathe a sigh of relief that I didn’t succumb to the family blessing/curse to make jokes to deal with life. At mediation, I did not say I was pregnant, did not accuse the ex of hiding a yacht, did not allude that I owned a herd of horses, did not say my mom wanted joint custody with us, and basically ignored every joke that came to mind, except saying that I don’t want to give up the boys for any time but as a grown-up I will share.
10. The boys have been letting me sleep in until 7, which means they have been trashing the house for an hour, perhaps hour and a half. Although they’ve been doing it quietly.
The 5: Exercising is a slam dunk, now that I have more time and a pool. Writing is working out well; when I started worrying, I focused on my new story and solved a problem in it. I need to do art. I need to read my friends’ blogs; I miss them so. I need an apple! I have been gorging on watermelon and peaches. Mmmm, peaches. Cue The Presidents of the United States of America.