1. It was that busy of a day. That and I took a nap.
2. I’ve dealt with way too much vomit this week. It needs to stop.
3. My parents got into this super cute squirt gun fight while helping me put the kids in the car. That, folks, was what my parents were like growing up. Playful and funny. I wish they were more like that now with each other, not just with my boys, my brothers, and I.
4. Buying Father’s Day gifts, buying Father’s Day cards, and figuring out what to write in those cards was really difficult this year. Then I realized I don’t like 2 of the 3 men I’m celebrating. But I will keep participating to teach my boys to honor their father and their family as well as expect to be honored as they do their part as fathers.
5. Tornado S is swimming so much better now that he has goggles. Also he dislikes swim class so much he failed to remember to put on his swimsuit this morning. Right.
6. I’m so not impressed with the divorce parenting book the mediator gave us. Every day I read something that makes me want to hurl the book out the window. I need a better book.
7. Tornado A lets me know when he needs to throw up. It’s cute. And fortunate. Except the poor kid vomits. Today it came out his nose too. Poor little guy.
8. A woman at Walmart asked, “Three boys?” I said, “yes.” “We’ll keep you in our prayers.” I’ve been getting that a lot lately.
9. Tornado E wore pajamas to play in the sprinkler one morning because it was “cold.” A June morning in Southern Arizona. That kid.
10. Thursday is my big teaching exam. I’m buried in notes. If one person tells me “don’t worry about it you’ll be fine,” I’ll yell.
The 5. I did read blogs this week! And eat an apple! Possibly more than one, I can’t remember. No art or crafts though. That sucks. Really, really sucks.