1. It appears that school, housework, parenting, and life have taken over my writing time. I don’t think this is a good development. Somehow I’ve added more things to my plate.
2. I made a battle map! With dragons! It’s awesome! Except when Tornado E asks what “that big, scary dragon” means. Um, divorce is scary?
3. Tornado A is insisting on using the toilet because his brothers use it. He’s insisting that public restrooms are too scary.
4. Somewhere along the line, my 8yr old became a teenager. Jesus, that attitude sucks.
5. So I decided to watch a little girl for my friend twice a week. Because my friend needs help. Because my boys love hanging out with girls. Because this little girl could use a place that allows her to be a kid. Because I’m hoping her quiet nature calms the boys a little bit. Because what’s one more kid in the mix. I wasn’t going to be able to study anyways.
6. So I decided to be a den leader for Tornado E’s pack. Because I was going to be there any ways. Because I’m good with kids. Because it’s fun. And I’m awesome at it. Of course, I didn’t realize I needed training and should go to all the events.
7. Tornado S is working hard on his fine motor skills and reading skills. He’s doing awesome.
8. I need a body punching bag. For the boys. And me. Mainly for me.
9. This post was interrupted by a phone call and a trip to pick up the older boys. Half-way to the school, a thunderstorm burst open. Tornado A and I laughed and screamed as we ran through buckets of pouring rain to get the boys from their classroom. Built to survive the unusual.
10. I fell in love with some boots. Unlike the blue hologram Dr. Martens (which are my soul mates and I should own them.) These Dr. Martens are more subtle. They’re black with little dark flowers. 1460 Little Flowers. But I should be good and get Dr. Martens 1460 Mono black. Because they would go better with stuff. Sigh.
As for the 5: I’ve been exercising and eating fruits and veggies. And I made the map. But writing and reading blogs just hasn’t happen, and I need to fix that.