What is more exciting to open the mail box and have something other than junk mail and bills? Ok, a package. But also just mail from someone.
Kids rarely get mail. They love it.
Heck, stop at a mail box and mail your own kids mail.
Things to send in the mail:
1. Send origami that you just learned to make.
2. Send postcards you collected and never sent.
3. Send recycled post cards. You know that stack of cards you have and should toss? Rip off the front cover and send it as a postcard.
4. Send cards. Homemade or not. Random valentine cards left over from years ago. I have so much random stationary. I inherited it from my great aunts. Heck, I have a friend who seems to always be sick, so I send her Get Well cards even if I have no idea if she’s sick or not.
5. Make your own stationary. Remember when I talked about stamps? Use stamps to make stationary.
5.a. Draw your own stationary. I had an artist friend who would do this. It was so cool to see her art work.
6. Send stickers. Everyone loves stickers! I still send stickers to my friends.
7. Send homemade art. Same artist friend used to send me her art too. My dad has an old friend who is a cartoonist and would send my dad a cartoon every once in a while.
8. Send homemade bookmarks.
Send mail. It’s fun.
More to come! Stay safe. Stay sane.
Leave a Reply