I’m doing this for Ink over at Inkatopia. For some reason, she loves memes, and I’m getting into her good graces, so that she will post a journal entry. So if you want to play, be my guest. Just let us know so we can read your responses.
- How did you come up with your blog title OR what does it mean?
I like faeries, I’m a little weird, and I’m a mom. I wrote a whole post explaining it to my brother. (https://faemom.wordpress.com/2008/10/02/for-my-brother/)
- What are your general goals for blogging?
I like to entertain people. I like to stretch my creative and intelligent muscles. This really keeps me from going crazy.
- Do people “in your real life” know that you blog and do they comment on your blog OR is it largely anonymous?
A few people know. Rarely do they comment. My mom and my husband take great pride in telling people I blog, like being at home with the kids isn’t enough. Sheesh. But I am anonymous for my husband’s sanity.
- How often do you post (x per week)?
I try to post every day, like a mental exercise, like when I used to journal or write.
- How often do you read other blogs (x per week)?
I read every day, excluding the days my husband has taken over the computer and I curl up in a ball going through withdrawals. I have to set an amount time or I would spend all day reading and let the boys play with matches.
- How do you select blogs to read (do you prefer blogs that focus on certain topics or do you choose by tone or…?)
I mainly read Mommy Blogs because there are so many hilarious moms out there. But I do read a really great religious blog and a really cool feminist blog.
- Do you have any plans to copy your blog entries in any other format, 0r do you think that one day, you’ll just delete it all?
I really should copy them because I don’t know how long I would cry and wear a black armband if I lost all of these posts.
- What are the things you like best about blogging?
It gives me a creative writing outlet that I can do quicker than writing a story. (Ever try to write a story when you’re watching kids? Don’t.)
- What are the things you don’t like about blogging?
I wonder if I could be devoting my time to “real” writing.
- How do you handle comments? Some bloggers never respond to commenters, others answer all commenters, and still others pick and choose. (1) As a blogger, which is your practice and why?
I try to comment back on everyone’s comments because I think blogging is a create place to create a dialogue.
(2) As a commenter, do you care/check back to see if the blogger has responded to you?
Sometimes when it’s easy. I should do it more often because I love the dialogue.
(3) If you are a reader but never comment, why (this last question may not work since…um…you don’t comment, but maybe you could make an exception)?
- Optional: add your own topic here: any burning thoughts to share on blog etiquette? desired blog features? blog addiction? blog vs. facebook?
I think it’s easy to be pigeon-holed into a subject, just because you don’t want to offend your fans with something edgy. And I have serious blog-addiction. I have to write or I think I would let my fans down, and I have to read because there are just so many damn awesome blogs out there. As for facebook, that is now the place where I keep my CA friends updated on the boys.