How many of you are getting bored with eating the same old thing? How many of your kids are getting bored eating the same thing? How many of you are bored with making the same thing?
Some of us don’t have the time, energy, or know-how to make gourmet meals right now. Here are a few ideas on using canned crescent rolls. All kid approved. It’s also a great way to start with some light cooking. Let the kiddos help. I find they are more likely to eat something that they made themselves.
At least, that’s what I tell myself.
Open up your rolls, spread them out, and add the ingredients. Roll them up and bake them like the directions say.
1. Spread cream cheese and sprinkle your favorite seasoning. I prefer garlic. To add extra flavor, brush melted butter and add a sprinkle of seasoning.
2. Half a stick of string cheese. To add extra flavor, brush on melted butter and sprinkle dried garlic or Parmesan cheese.
3. Half a stick of string cheese and few pepperoni slices. To add extra flavor, brush butter and sprinkle garlic, Italian seasoning, or Parmesan cheese. Add tomato sauce as a dip.
4. A few chocolate chips. I went a little crazy and made and added chocolate shavings.
5. Nutella. Chocolate shavings on those too.
6. Butter cinnamon and brown sugar.
7. A friend recommended ham and cheddar. Her son loves them, so she makes them and freezes them two in a bag.
Somethings we haven’t tried, but I want to. Cheddar. A slice of turkey or ham and cheese. A slice of apple. Jelly.
Good luck. Stay safe. Stay sane.