Because I love Ink so very much, and I think we should bring memes back. Tell us fifteen random secrets, facts, habits, or goals about you. If you want to play, play; if not, I won’t say you suck (I’ll just think it). And Ink, we should totally do another 10 books I hate because that was lots and lots of fun.
1. I was thrown from a speedboat. Across the boat. Slammed into the side and flipped over before hitting the water. My first thought upon hitting water was “swim towards the light.” I was told I was lucky I didn’t crack ribs. I had a nasty bruise on half of my chest.
2. This happened on my Dad’s birthday. When I called him to wish him a happy birthday and to NOT mention the accident, he asked me what was wrong and forced it out of me. I’ve ruined three Thanksgivings and one Father’s Day for my Dad. Pity him.
3. I pray a children’s prayer every time I hear a siren. Every time. Without fail. I learned it in first grade, and the habit stuck.
4. I only keep books that I will read or reference again. I still own hundreds of books. And I do read them again.
5. I didn’t like reading until the 6th grade. A Wrinkle in Time changed my life. I’ve devoured books ever since.
6. I cross-dressed my Teddy bear as a child. I knew he was a boy, but he looked so cute in a green dress I had. I even took him to a party dressed in a dress.
7. I break out in random dance moves. I have a god-awful victory dance that started as a joke, and I never stopped doing it.
8. Since wearing a pedometer, I’ve walked at least 15,ooo steps a day. I’m starting to suspect where the boys get there tornado-like energy.
9. Like Ink, I desperately wish I could draw or paint. One day I’ll take a class. Over and over again until I get it right.
10. I’m obsessively curious. When something tickles my curiosity, I will not rest until I know all. I’m teaching the boys to be the same way. Did you know a lobster is basically a bug?
11. The first car I drove was a ’86 Bronco with the annoying habit of dying after fifteen minutes and didn’t have AC in Tucson, AZ.
12. I have theme songs for different parts of my life. Especially the hard parts.
13. My parents have song they dedicate and sing to me when it comes on the radio. It’s enough to make me glad they switched from Oldies to Country.
`14. I plan on visiting all 50 states and eventually seeing something outside the US other than border towns.
15. In spirit of the last Friday of Lent, I have eaten meat once on a Lenten Friday. In defense, it was Mrs. Knott’s fried chicken, and I didn’t live in Orange County at the time. Who am I kidding? I would happily kill for Mrs. Knott’s fried chicken.