Two years ago, on April 14th, at about 11:45pm, I started freaking out. It had become very obvious I was going to give birth on April 15th. I’m pretty sure I demanded the labor be stopped at that point, suggesting we start again in 24 hours. Pain will do funny things to your brain. Who wants to see what I say when I get a tattoo?
But “apparently” pitocin can’t be stopped. I think they didn’t want to try. And then hearing the ex and my mom proclaim my son would be an accountant! If I wasn’t in so much pain, I’m sure I would have found something to fling at them. I probably would’ve missed with the IV and the belt and all. But I would have had *some* satisfaction.
Yup, my littlest dude was born on April 15th, and now he’s two. Though he’s been acting Two for months now.
Some random facts about Tornado A:
1. It took well over a year for his angel kiss birth mark to fade away. But you can still see it when he gets mad. That gene came from me.
2. He’s a towhead. While my brothers and I were all blonde as children, my mom was the last towhead in the family.
3. He now has to sleep with 5 boardbooks, a mama shirt or two, a teddy bear, and a baby quilt. I’m not sure how there’s room in the crib for him.
4. He’s starting to talk when he’s playing by himself. babble-babble-babble? NO. babble-babble-babble? NO.
5. He has finally started to eat meat. He’ll eat hot dogs and chicken cashew.
6. He loves watching cartoons and video games. I feel like a failed parent.
7. He has yet to sit in time out. I’m pretty sure this means I’m a failed parent.
8. He likes to take the boys’ toys, smile at the boys, show them, and then run off. He’s a brat.
9. He adores his brothers. It’s their hands he wants to hold when crossing the street.
10. He has to help me put things in the grocery cart, unload the grocery bags, and unload the dishwasher. I’m still trying to figure out how helpful this really is.
If you’re just dying to know how Tornado A entered the world, here it is. Happy Birthday, little man! Hold on tight, this year is going to get rocky.
P.S. Yes, I did want to write and publish this yesterday, but I was in detention. More on that in a post coming soon.